Our first session
Once you contact me, we will schedule a session as soon as possible. Finding the right therapist for you is important, and the first session gives us both the opportunity to find out if we are a good match. You can share a bit more about your struggles, your background, and your expectations of therapy. You can also ask any questions that you might have about me and how I work. By the end of the session, we can determine if I am the right therapist for you.
When we decide to start working together, we will have a written agreement in which you can find out more about the confidentiality and cancellation terms. I suggest a number of 6 weekly sessions; this will give you more time to see how you feel about our therapeutic relationship. After that, if you decide to continue therapy, we will do that in an open-ended contract.
How therapy works
Therapy consists of 50-minute, one-to-one sessions that help you work through your concerns. In addition to listening, I will ask questions and share thoughts when it’s helpful, I play an active role. Here’s how it works, step-by-step:
- First, I provide a safe, accepting space so that you will feel comfortable sharing your struggles with me.
- Through hearing your story, I will start to get a picture of what your challenges are.
- We will start to explore your immediate concerns like managing difficult emotions and challenging life situations
- We will also work to discover what your goals are in therapy and in life.
- Keeping your unique goals in mind, we’ll explore what’s stopping you from reaching them
- Over the course of our sessions, you will start to become more aware of yourself and your struggles, and make progress towards the life you desire
£55 (50 min session)